Friday, October 28, 2016

I've been here, too!

Since all of my Krueger animal pictures are safely contained in my big SD card - and will stay that way until I get home - my blog is going to start when we arrived in Somerset West, a Capetown suburb next to SA wine Disneyland in Stellenbosch. It looks like this
And the real reason we're in SA is a long timed planned but never consummated reunion of Sea Otter friends. For the uninitiated, Sea Otter is a great big bicycle festival (what else...!) held in Monterey each April. I worked there for more than 10 years and we have been hosts to a gang of South Africans who have been a critical part of the Operationions Team. They travel 30 hours or more each way to get here and Becky and I figured we could do it, too - once. 

These guys work on their own races the rest of the year - all mountain bike events - and they are phenomenally elaborate. The event they're preparing this week is "Wine to Whales", a 3-day event with camping (and Glamping for those who will pay) and it contains a number of temporary bridges to cross a variety of course features - like ravines or Apple production facilities, like these




OK, more tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment