Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tom has unpacked for the last time.

We are all unpacked and settled in. We have a 3 story house with a entry and cellar on the ground floor, the first floor (second floor to you Americans) has a open plan kitchen/living room/dining area, a bedroom and bathroom with a separate wc. Second floor had an open attic area with a bed a tiny bedroom and bathroom. More than big enough to suit our needs. 

The village has a tiny store for bread in the morning and lots of other stuff.


Tom and I bought bikes yesterday and went for a ride this morning. Boy, am I out of shape. The village we are staying in is at the top of a respectable hill. I expect I'll be doing a lot of walking my bike for only a little while I hope.
 

Our landlady Claude took us to the big market in Agen on Sunday, great fruit and vegetables. They had huge pans of paella to go. I will try that too.


I cooked my first duck breast last night, the first of many, I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment