Saturday, March 24, 2018

Cooking in Vietnam

We've had a chance to a bit of cooking along with the eating here in Vietnam,

We made fried spring rolls.

Squid salad that I would make again. The mint was fabulous.

And fish cooked in banana leaves.
All was pretty tasty.

The next day I did a private cooking class and market tour at the hotel next to our hotel.
There is a big market a half block away, just for locals my guide said. 

Her dad is a fisherman and her mom sells the fish at the market. Everything is so fresh, some of it is still alive.

I made rice flower pancakes stuffed with pork, shrimp,  bean sprouts and lettuce and herbs.

Them I made sweet and sour shrimps. I also made the fancy garnish.

Last I made eggplant in a clay pot.
It was all delicious. All the dishes were delicious. I would make the shrimp and eggplant dishes again, but the pancakes were a bit tricky.

Today we had two meals requiring us to cook at the table. We had seafood hotpot for lunch.

And tabletop BBQ for dinner.
The squid was my favorite. It fad a fabulous marinade.we also bbqed steak, shrimp and tuna.








No comments:

Post a Comment