Friday, February 12, 2016

Short Story today - Wadi Rum tomorrow

I'm only partly sexist - Becky DOES have her own Bucket List, printed on the reverse on my laminated wallet card (she doesn't carry a copy in her own wallet, just relies on me to whip it out in mixed company)


Today we spent time in the Israel Museum and when I got to some ancient Canaanite exhibits I had a life-altering moment! Previously when I croaked Becky has instructions to donate my body to the CSM Anatomy Lab so the students can explore just like I did in 1974. But after seeing these really cool ceramic bone pots the Canaanites used for bone storage I am all in for Ancestor Worship! I can see it now - 4 generations hence they'll cross their arms over their chests and repeat the ritual ancestor speech "Tooooom". And I'm going to have my bone pot made to look like a French "Mille Borne" highway marker, just like Paris-Roubaix.


And for  anyone who's sat by the fireplace in our house and wondered at the funny-shaped object in the corner - LOOK! It's a museum object! This was part of an exhibit on modern design and the Eameses leg splint was prominent.


No comments:

Post a Comment