Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Wings 2014

I
Here's my friend Marian who in encouraged me to come to Wings in 2003 with my troop. I'm back again this time as a volunteer. 6000+ campers, 1200 volunteers and one week in the Queen's deer park. The troops are pouring in. I am signed up for duty in the camp store.

Patches are flying out the door. Woggles (scarf slides) are the second best sellers. The main tent is full of things to buy, I spent part of the morning putting huge gummy snakes into tiny paper sacks for the tuck shop. There is a cafe that sells drinks and baked goods, a burger wagon and ice cream stand. Lots of things for those kids to spend their pocket money on.

Here's my home away from home. The borrowed tent came with a camp chair essential for putting my shoes on in the morning. I had to tie a bandana on top so I can find it in the sea of tents.  

The opening ceremonies with flames , fire  works, and lots of music and dancing. 
I am taking painkillers in anticiation of all the air leaking out of my mattress again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment